On Thursday 8 November, the Dutch School of Landscape Architecture (DSL) organises the symposium ‘Crossing Borders in Landscape Architecture’ from 14.00 to 18.00 hrs at the Delft University, Faculty of Architecture and the Build Environment, Berlagezaal 1, Julianalaan 134, Delft, Netherlands. The language of the Symposium is English.
The symposium reflects on the meaning of internationalisation for the field of landscape architecture. What does internationalisation mean for practice and competences of (future) landscape architects who work abroad and vice versa?
At this DSL-events, Dutch landscape architecture schools as well as professional practice are represented. This includes landscape architecture education from BK Bouwkunde TU Delft, Wageningen Research University, VH Larenstein, HAS Den Bosch, and the Academie van Bouwkunst. Lisa Mackenzie of the Edinburgh School of Arts and director of the European Master in Landscape Architecture will be the keynote speaker at this event. Please find the full programme here.
Venue: Delft University, Faculty of Architecture and the Build Environment, Berlagezaal 1, Julianalaan 134, 2628 BL Delft.
Keynote by Lisa Mackenzie
Keynote speaker will be Lisa Mackenzie. Lisa is a Senior Lecturer at The University of Edinburgh and a practicing Landscape Architect. She has led on the development of the European Masters in Landscape Architecture (EMiLA) for the University of Edinburgh for the last several years and is the Director of this highly innovative programme.
Besides Lisa, the following guests will make their appearance: Eric Luiten (TU Delft, moderator), Mathias Lehner (BNA International), Gloria Font (Senior designer municipality of Amsterdam/Atelier Font), Timo Cents (Arcadis) & Gertjan Jobse (NVTL), Inge Bobbink (Associate Professor in Landscape Architecture at TU Delft), Jack Martin (Education and innovation coördinator at Van Hall University of Applied Sciences), Hetty van der Stoep (Programme Director BSc/MSc Landscape Architecture and Planning Wageningen University), and Joeri de Bekker (Lecturer HAS Den Bosch University).
- Venue: TU Delft, Faculty of Architecture and the Build Environment, Berlagezaal 1, Julianalaan 134, 2628 BL Delft.
- Time: 8 November 2018, 14.00-17.00, drinks afterwards.
- Language is English.
- 13.30 Gathering and Coffee
- 14:00 WELCOME by DSL and MODERATOR – Jan Herman Meijer (DSL) & Eric Luiten
- 14.10 INTRODUCTION Thoughts on internationalisation – Lisa Mackenzie, Edinburgh College of Art
- 14.30 Panel – landscape architects from practice on work experience in different contexts & changes in the offices during the last years – Gloria Font (Municipality of Amsterdam/Atelier Font), Timo Cents (Arcadis) & Gertjan Jobse (NVTL)
- 15.00 Education – Daily practice at TU Delft – Inge Bobbink (TU Delft)
- 15.20 BREAK
- 15.50 Education – HBO’s & internationalisation – Jack Martin (VH Larenstein University)
- 16.05 Practice – Business across borders – Mathias Lehner (BNA International)
- 16.20 Panel – Internationalisation: did it, will it change the discipline? Lisa Mackenzie, Hetty van der Stoep (Wageningen University), Mathias Lehner (BNA), Joeri de Bekker (HAS Den Bosch University)
- 17.00 DRINKS
All welcome, admission is free.
Please register via email@example.com.
More information: Danielle Niederer via firstname.lastname@example.org.