All Delegates and volunteers working on behalf of IFLA EUROPE in whatever capacity shall:
- act as the specific point of contact and liaison between their National Association and IFLA EUROPE;
- be fully briefed by their National Association in order to represent their views at any specific Working Groups or IFLA EUROPE meetings or General Assemblies;
- be a member of one of the IFLA EUROPE Committees and participate in at least in one Working Group or project identified within the Strategic and Action Plan(s);
- encourage all members within their National Associations to become involved and engaged with the effective and efficient implementation of IFLA EUROPE projects identified within the Strategic and associated Action Plan(s).
- Contribute and promote to IFLA Europe activities, aims and objectives and act as an ambassador for IFLA Europe and the profession. Help define, establish, contribute to, reinforce and promote all IFLA EUROPE policies identified within the Strategic and Action Plan(s);
- Assist in the regular distribution of IFLA EUROPE News and other correspondence to association members, allied professional associations and other interested groups. These can be circulated through National Association’s database or personally.
- Provide information and materials for IFLA Europe Newsletter, website and other communication channels and disseminate IFLA Europe news among members and update IFLA EUROPE on developments and priorities of National Association.
- Distribute other IFLA EUROPE information for the benefit of particular sectors of the profession to the colleagues in practice, so that all National Association members are aware of IFLA EUROPE activities and can participate.
- Ensure that IFLA EUROPE fees and subscriptions are paid on time by the National Association.
- Encourage appropriately established landscape schools and Universities to apply for IFLA EUROPE recognition of their landscape architectural courses. Please see document IFLA EUROPE Delegates Starter Package for a detailed document and IFLA Europe Code of Ethics.
IFLA Europe Delegates Roles and Duties - Starter Package