Education Committee Chair: Attila Toth, Vice President for Education, SAS Slovakia
The aims of IFLA Europe Education Committee are:
- To encourage the development of landscape architecture courses across Europe and to monitor and review their compatibility with the aims of IFLA Europe.
- To promote common IFLA Europe/IFLA education guidelines to National Associations and European Universities/schools teaching landscape architecture programmes.
- Ensure solid Landscape architecture education across Europe for effective professional practice.
- Provide permanent updated information on European Landscape architecture programmes, for students’ movement and professional recognition.
- Work with ECLAS to promote a comprehensive listing of landscape architecture education.
- Promote a common education platform with ECLAS and ensure cooperation between academic and professional organisations promoting landscape valuation.
- In countries where landscape architecture as profession requires more visibility and recognition, particularly assisting National associations in contacts with national governments and policy makers.
Education Committee works with the European Council of Landscape Architecture Schools (ECLAS), UNISCAPE, European Commission, Council of Europe and other organisations and bodies that share the same objectives and vision.