PHALA Πανελλήνιος Σύλλογος Αρχιτεκτόνων Τοπίου (ΠΣΑΤ) - PANHELLENIC ASSOCIATION OF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS
10, D. Psatha str. Melissia 15127, Athens, Greece, Greece
The identity of PHALA
The Panhellenic Association of Landscape Architects (PHALA) was founded in 1980 with the aim of developing and promoting Landscape Architecture as a science and art, protecting and safeguarding the profession of Landscape Architects in Greece and informing the public about Landscape Architecture. As an association, it addresses both professional and student landscape architects, as well as professionals of related sciences, with the aim to inform and create a network both within Greece and abroad and to establish an interdisciplinary collaboration for the study, development and implementation of landscape projects. At the same time, it addresses the lay public with the aim of informing and raising awareness on landscape architecture, sustainability and improving the quality of life.
The future plans and visions of PHALA include:
- Promoting the profession of Landscape Architecture in Greece
- Promoting and safeguarding the professional rights of Landscape Architects in Greece
- Increasing the presence of landscape architects at strategic positions in public and private projects
- Greater involvement in education, policy and development systems
- Supporting and informing its members, while increasing its dynamics
- Expanding its collaboration with other disciplines and organizations within Greece and abroad
- Increasing public awareness on the practice of Landscape Architecture
PHALA’s activities are multidimensional.
- It addresses to public bodies with the aim to establish the profession of landscape architecture and improve its practice within education, research, design and construction.
- Being the only association of landscape architecture that can formally represent Greece abroad, PHALA participates in international IFLA and IFLA EUROPE meetings as well as in working groups with other landscape architecture associations abroad.
- Promotes the practice of landscape architecture through the organization of conferences / workshops, events and lectures on Landscape Architecture.
- Collaborates with public and private bodies on issues related to the promotion and protection of the landscape and the environment.
- Participates in national and international research projects related to the science of landscape architecture.
- Facilitates to develop a spirit of fellowship, cooperation and solidarity among the members of PHALA, through the organization of working groups and meetings.
- Contributes to networking young professionals with members of PHALA, professional practices, international organizations / landscape architecture associations and University Institutions.
- Publishes newsletters and documents, disseminates and promotes publications on landscape architecture (through social media, site, etc.).
- Responds to the requests of National and International Organizations to address environmental and humanitarian crises in relation to the landscape.
- Seeks for resources to support the work and the realization of its objectives.
Landscape Architecture Programmes
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Master in Landscape Architecture
Recognised by IFLA Europe: 2014-2019
Agricultural University of Athens, Laboratory of Floriculture and Landscape Architecture
Master in Landscape Architecture
Recognised by IFLA Europe: 2015-2020