Call for entries for LILA – Landezine International Landscape Award 2022 is open!
Landezine is calling offices, students and young professionals (NEW) from the field of landscape architecture to submit their work to the seventh edition of LILA – Landezine International Landscape Award. This year, offices practising landscape architecture can contribute an unlimited number of submissions. There will be up to 51 different recognitions for landscape architecture offices: 8 possible jury awards, 2 editorial awards, up to 8 special mentions and up to 35 shortlistedentries.
LILA 2022 Award Categories
1. Public Landscapes – Interesting and exceptional publicly accessible social spaces. Squares, parks, waterfronts … / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
2. Infrastructure Landscapes – Landscapes that were primarily designed to solve a technical issue with or without a human-scale layer. Publicly accessible or not. Traffic, energy production, large scale water management … / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
3. Residential Housing Landscapes – Collective housing, questioning the design of the semi-private open spaces for communities. / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
4. Private Residential Garden – Private residential gardens for single-family houses /1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries.
5. Hospitality Projects – open spaces for short term stays (tourism, hotels, resorts, bars and similar) / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
6. Schools & Playgrounds – open spaces for schools, kindergartens and similar / 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
7. Campuses & Corporate Gardens – 1 award, 1 special mention, up to 5 shortlisted entries
8. Other – If a truly exceptional project won’t fit any of the above categories, the jury may award it a special recognition/award. / 1 award, 1 special mention
9. Office of the Year – 1 award, decided by Landezine editors
10. Honour Award – 1 award, decided by Landezine editors
11. NEW: STUDENT & YOUNG PROFESSIONAL PORTFOLIO AWARD
– There will be 2 recognitions and multiple shortlisted entries that will be widely promoted in front of offices on Landezine and in Landezine newsletter
There are three deadlines for registration of offices in 2022:
Registration for offices
EARLY registration fee deadline: 17 March: 150 euros per entry
REGULAR registration fee: 18 March – 31 April: 175 euros per entry
LATE registration fee: 1 – 12 May: 200 euros per entry
There is one deadline for material: Thursday, 12 May (you can register early and submit the material late) The deadline is final and will not be extended!
*Offices with an active Landezine Membership can enjoy benefits and discounts with registering for LILA.
Registration for students and young professionals
Students and young professionals need to register and submit their portfolios no later than 12 May.
The portfolio is an A3 pdf booklet of no more than 25 pages and no more than 25MB in size.
Registration fee is at all times the same: 50 euros. One person can submit only one portfolio.
Students will need to attach proof of study.
Young professionals are landscape architects that were born on 12 May 1986 or later. They will need to attach proof of age and completed programme of landscape architecture to compete.
The projects will be judged by the following jury members:
Joao Nunes, PROAP / Lisbon, Portugal / proap.pt
Robin Winogrond / Zurich, Switzerland also Cambridge, USA / robinwinogrond.ch
Hanneke Kijne, MORE, Academie von Bouwkunst / Amsterdam, Netherlands / morelandscape.nl, ahk.nl
Sarah Cowles, Ruderal / Tbilisi, Georgia, also USA / ruderal.com
Zaš Brezar, Landezine / Ljubljana, Slovenia / landezine.com Other awards are decided by the editorial team of Landezine.
For more information please visit LANDEZINE website