CÔTE D’AZUR GARDEN FESTIVAL 2023 - Landscape design competition on the theme “SURPRISING PERSPECTIVES”
The 4th edition of the Côte d’Azur Garden Festival, organised by the Alpes-Maritimes Department, from 25 March to 1 May 2023, will include a competition for 17 landscape designs, spread over Nice, Cannes, Grasse, Antibes Juan-Les-Pins, Menton and Monaco.
Famous for its climate, its coast and its landscape as well as its lifestyle, the Côte d’Azur welcomes more than 11 million international tourists a year. It is also the land for flowers, scents and garden art with 75 gardens including 14 magnificent gardens (“Jardin Remarquable”), for the world-famous perfume flower know-how and for many landscape companies.
Thanks to these advantages, the Département des Alpes-Maritimes launched in 2017 an unprecedented event : the Côte d’Azur Gardens Festival (Festival des Jardins de la Côte d’Azur).
This first festival was a real special moment of fulfillment and sharing, which delighted all the senses and strengthened the international reputation of the Côte d’Azur.
Due to the success, the attendance and the media impact, this festival will be renewed every 2 years for a whole month during springtime. The Côte d’Azur Garden Festival looks forward to seeing you from its fourth edition in April 2023 made up of 4 strands: a contest of landscape creations, out-of-competition gardens, a series of
conferences and many other activities throughout the department.
The ambition of the festival is to bring the Côte d’Azur up to a leading destination for tourism related to gardens.
The Festival is open to all audiences: enthusiasts, foreign and national tourists visiting individually or through organised tours…
As part of this event, the Département will hold a “pop-up” ephemeral landscaping contest on various free sites, and animations throughout the Alpes-Maritimes.
- General public: local public, families, seniors, garden and botanical
- School audience,
- Students in schools of landscape, architecture, design, horticulture…
- Professionals of the sector, artists, landscape architects.
- Each team will be awarded €16,000 to help them in their creation,
- The support of a technical manager for the installation of the projects,
- Logistical support from the host cities to maintain the garden throughout the Festival.
The Festival has joined the “GREEN Deal” initiative, which is an ambitious policy driven by the French Department of Alpes-Maritimes, to get involved in the protection of the natural environment and the fight against climate change.
The candidates will have to respect the set of guidelines laid out by the competition, and propose creations that respect the environment, according to two strict rules:
The Department will reward the most eco-friendly garden, taking into account the following criteria:
- Sustainable and recyclable creations
- Reduced energy consumption
A “GREEN Deal” prize for the most eco-friendly garden
- Priority given to local plant species
- Promotion of species biodiversity
- Recycling of plants and materials
- Use of renewable energy (lighting, water pump, etc.)
- Choice of eco-responsible materials
- Eco-friendly water management (watering, mulching, etc.)
Download the application form: Download the specifications (.PDF 305Kb)
And send your intention to apply now, Download the intention form
You can find more information on our website:
The application must be completed in electronic format on the dedicated platform “Mesdémarches06” no later
than 13/06/2022 at 2.00 p.m.
The Festival team
Flora HUGUES project manager - 04 89 04 28 06 / 06 69 13 07 65
Laurence BELLON project assistant - 04 89 04 27 13
Côte d’Azur Garden Festival
Tourism Section - Direction de l’Attractivité Territoriale