ECLAS Online Conference Stop-and-Think 13-15 September 2021 - Please register now!
* For registering on the Hopin conference platform please use this link (https://le-notre.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fe56bec23501dc7822d2fef3&id=ed0b6fe016&e=ea51593a63)
* For information on the programme, keynotes and overview of abstracts please visit this link (https://le-notre.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fe56bec23501dc7822d2fef3&id=3886b44831&e=ea51593a63)
* The ECLAS General Assembly will take place on Tuesday, September 14, from 16 00 - 17 30, online on the Hopin conference platform
Conference invitation from SLU Uppsala
All thinking demands a stop-and-think (Arendt, 1981, p. 78)
As the organization committee, SLU Landscape Architecture, Uppsala, are delighted to welcome you to ECLAS 2021.
The conference theme, ‘Stop and Think’ reflects a need for reflexivity in our discipline. The conference draws on a particular way of thinking. Thinking not overshadowed by “practical needs and aims”, by “the world of appearances” and “commonsense”. We want to question how our disciplinary beliefs, values, knowledge and practices relate to the context we find ourselves in.
Since the last ECLAS conference in 2019, the pandemic has interrupted our everyday lives, requiring us to reconsider alternatives and contemplate possibilities. One hears a desire not to go back to business as usual after the pandemic. But what should we bring with us from this extraordinary experience? What should we leave behind? How should we transform landscape architecture, ourselves, our institutions? How should we anticipate the future?
For the first time, this conference will be online. The online format has fostered a richer diversity in terms of subjects and participants’ geographical location.
We are looking forward to engaging with variety of stimulating ideas and coming together with colleagues and friends!
- Stop and Think Welcome and introduction
- Stop Thinking Water Somewhere/ Start Experiencing Wetness Everywhere
- From ‘Cruel Optimism’ to ‘Educated Hope’:
How to Create Landscape Architecture Education for “Public Global Social Environmental Good”?
- Stopped, thought, and now?
Isabelle Anguolevski, ICREA Research Professor, The Autonomous University of Barcelona
Dilip Da Cunha, Adjunct Professor, Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation
Henry Giroux, Chair for Scholarship in the Public Interest, The Paulo Freire Distinguished Scholar in Critical Pedagogy
Lilli Lička, Professor of Landscape Architecture, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna
Anuradha Mathur, Professor of Landscape Architecture, University of Pennsylvania
Alexandra D’Urso, Educational Developer, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Ed Wall, Associate Professor of Cities and Landscapes, University of Greenwich
Mustafa Dikeç, Urban Studies, Malmö University
Please help us increasig the impact of this conference by sharing the event with your network, for example via our event on Linkedin (https://le-notre.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fe56bec23501dc7822d2fef3&id=4ac2c6c249&e=ea51593a63) .
Programme available here 2021 ECLAS Conference Programme