IFLA AFRICA Award 2023 - Call for Nominations
The brand new IFLA Africa Award is an honour that IFLA Africa can bestow on a landscape architect. The Award recognises a living landscape architect whose lifetime achievements and contributions have had a unique and lasting impact on the following:
- The welfare of the society and the environment
- The promotion of the profession of landscape architecture in Africa, through IFLA Africa or on an individual basis.
Nominations for the IFLA Africa Award are welcome from National Associations through their President or Delegate, and from Individual Members of IFLA Africa. All nominations must be emailed to the CER Chair IFLA Africa Tobiloba Akibo at firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 31 2023 with the subject line clearly labelled: IFLA AFRICA AWARD 2023.
The IFLA Africa Award is a way of promoting the value of Landscape and Landscape Architecture on the African continent, thus actively pursuing the aims and objectives contained in the IFLA Africa Landscape Convention adopted by all IFLA Africa member Associations.
The nominee must be an academic, public or private practitioner whose merit, talent and actions are at the forefront of best practice. The field ofaccomplishments may include, but are not limited to:
● landscape planning, design or management
● improvement in the quality of human settlements or environments
● landscape architectural education that is innovative and advances educational opportunities locally and across the continent
● furthering the visibility of the Profession and promoting the value of landscape architecture in Africa
Nominations for the IFLA Africa Award are welcome from National Associations through their President or Delegate, and from Individual Members of IFLA Africa.
All nominations must be submitted to the CER Chair IFLA Africa Tobiloba Akibo at email@example.com, by January 31 2023 with the subject clearly titled: IFLA AFRICA AWARD 2023.
The nomination should follow the guidelines below:
● A brief letter of not more than 2 pages, with a description of the nominee’s qualifications.
● A description of the nominee’s professional and/or academic work.
● A review of the nominee’s contributions to African Landscape Architecture as contained in the African Landscape Convention (ALC)
● Any other information that supports the nominee’s application.
The award recipient will be identified through a nomination and jury selection process. The recipient will be invited to attend the IFLA Africa Symposium, where the winner
will be announced, the award presented, and the winner will make a presentation of their work.
For further information, please contact Tobiloba Akibo at firstname.lastname@example.org