Job opening: Professorship for Digital Processes and Applications in Landscape Architecture - apply before 11 June!
Welcome to Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences, the largest University of Applied Sciences in the German state of Lower Saxony. In addition to offering around 100 practice-oriented study programmes in three locations, we have an impressive teaching and research record, and provide excellent opportunities for personal development. Our students value the academic and professional expertise of our faculty, our international networks, and our modern university management. To fulfil our mission, we are looking for individuals with innovative ideas and life-long curiosity.
The Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Landscape Architecture of Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences invites applications for the tenured W2 position of: PROFESSORSHIP FOR DIGITAL PROCESSES AND APPLICATIONS IN LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
Ref. No. AuL 265 P0523
The professorship “Digital Processes and Applications in Landscape Architecture” focuses on the dynamic development of digitalization in landscape architecture and represents digital process developments and applications in both teaching and research. The focus is on design, construction, and visualization in landscape architecture, requiring as a matter of course a BIM/LIM-compliant approach.
The criteria of the Lower Saxony Higher Education Act (NHG) govern the requirements for appointment to a professorship at Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences (https://www.hs-osnabrueck.de/berufungen-und-recruitment/berufungsverfahren/ormale-einstellungsvoraussetzungen/). These criteria must be met.
For the advertised professorship, these criteria are specified as follows in accordance with Section 25(1) NHG:
- The future incumbent is expected to have a university degree in the disciplines of landscape architecture, architecture, urban planning, civil engineering, infrastructure planning, or a comparable discipline
- The future incumbent is expected to have a particular aptitude for in-depth and independent academic work, usually demonstrated by an above-average doctorate.
Where applicable, the candidate may also provide evidence of relevant achievements equivalent to a doctorate.
- The candidate’s professional experience (five years of professional practice, of which at least three years must have been outside the university setting) is required to be demonstrably relevant to the content and tasks involved in the professorship, particularly requiring proof of professional experience in the field of digital applications (CAD, visualization, BIM/LIM, or comparable tools) in the context of landscape architecture. Evidence must also be provided of the candidate’s exceptional achievements in their career.
- The future incumbent will focus on demonstrating enthusiasm for the distinctive features of the subject (pedagogical-didactic aptitude) and on supporting students in their competence development. Appropriate teaching experience – preferably with students – must therefore be demonstrated.
Ideally, the incumbent will also have the following skills:
- Knowledge of and experience using virtual, augmented, and mixed reality technologies
- Knowledge and experience in digital parametric design methodology
- Enjoyment of interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary collaboration
- The ability to deliver classes in English
We look forward to recruiting an individual with above-average qualifications who will make an interdisciplinary contribution to our teaching and research. Motivated students, exciting projects, and committed colleagues are waiting for you!
This may also be of interest:
At present, most courses are held in German. Inquiries in English about the formal process, including a list of materials to be submitted, can be addressed to: Aline Poniatowski (email@example.com).
For more information on the appointment process at
Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences, please visit: https://www.hs-osnabrueck.de/en/appointment-and-recruitment/appointment-process/
Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences is an equal opportunity employer. In line with our objective to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, we explicitly encourage qualified women to apply for the position. In addition, we are keen to attract candidates with expertise in the areas of gender, diversity and family friendliness. For further information, you may contact our Equal Opportunity Office (phone: +49 541 969-2955). Full-time positions can be shared, providing this does not conflict with organisational requirements.
Applications by candidates with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
Please send your application in electronic form – preferably as one PDF file – stating the reference number to the following address by June 11th 2023:
Präsident der Hochschule Osnabrück
Postfach 19 40 l 49009 Osnabrück
You would like to join the university as a professor, but do not meet all the requirements or work in a different discipline? We can support you on your way to a professorship: www.hs-osnabrueck.de/uas-professorship