Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche Landscape scholarships eighth edition call, 2022/2023
Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche establishes landscape study scholarships on a yearly basis to support young graduates who wish to carry out research into the landscape, gardens and the care of places.
The deadline for submitting applications is, without exception, noon on Wednesday 31 August 2022.
The scholarships focus on three thematic areas which correspond to the cultural profile and field of activity of three key figures for the Foundation’s scientific work since its inception: Sven-Ingvar Andersson (Landscape project), Rosario Assunto (Theories and policies for landscape) and Ippolito Pizzetti (Nature and gardens).
The eighth edition 2022/2023 will grant two six-month scholarships in one of the three thematic areas, to be chosen by the candidate.
Candidates are encouraged to submit entries with original and innovative content which reflects the scientific work of the Foundation.
The duration of the scholarships, which are residential and non-extendable, is six months and they will take place from 15 January 2023 to 15 July 2023. The value of each scholarship is Euro 10,000.00 (gross).
The scholarships are open to Italian and foreign graduates (master’s degree/laurea magistrale) and postgraduates who are under the age of 40 on 31 August 2022. Research
grant holders, or those who hold a public or private position and carry out any work activity on an ongoing basis cannot apply.
The application form and the call are available at www.fbsr.it
Applications must include the following documents drawn up in Italian (except for graduation theses and other original scientific papers, if written in another language):
- description of the scientific project put forth by the applicant, highlighting the thematic area of the scholarship being applied for (with reference to article 1), the title and content of the research, its aims, the time frames and methods for carrying it out (maximum length 4,000 characters including spaces, excluding a short bibliography if attached);
- Curriculum Vitae in the European format, indicating knowledge of languages;
- short biographical note, written in a discursive style, which includes relevant details about the education and profile of the candidate, as well as his/her motivations (maximum length 2,000 characters including spaces);
- copy of the degree thesis and any scientific papers deemed relevant to the research project (including master’s or PhD theses with a short abstract in Italian);- signed and dated presentation letter from a professor and/or other person the candidate has collaborated with;
- copy of the applicant’s identity card, tax code and residency permit if applicable.Applications and the various attachments must be sent by email to email@example.com the subject line “Borse di studio sul paesaggio 2022/2023”.
All documents must be sent solely in electronic form in a word or PDF file. The overall weight must not exceed 10 MB, otherwise candidates are requested to use WeTransfer. The deadline for submitting applications is, without exception, noon on Wednesday 31 August 2022. Applications and the various attachments must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The results of the selection will be published by 31 October 2022 on the website www.fbsr.it and the successful candidates will subsequently be notified by email.
For more information please visit https://www.fbsr.it/en/landscape/scholarships-for-landscape-studies/
Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche, T +39 0422 5121, email@example.com, www.fbsr.it
Press Office: Silvia Cacco, Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche, firstname.lastname@example.org