LE:Notre: International Student Competition Rimini - Dancing to the Future - Join in, we start now!
The Region of Emilia-Romagna and the LE:NOTRE Institute jointly invite international students to present their visions for the coastal landscape of Rimini, Italy. This competition is as usual addressed to an interdisciplinary audience of students in landscape architecture, urbanplanning, enviromental design, arts, spatial planning and related disciplines.
The kick-off online meeting for the competition will be on Wednesday, October 13, at 18 pm CET.
Download https://lnicollab.landscape-portal.org/goto.php?target=file_2029&client_id=mainfull competition brief (https://le-notre.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fe56bec23501dc7822d2fef3&id=65f8233391&e=ea51593a63)
Online registration for teams and individuals (https://le-notre.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fe56bec23501dc7822d2fef3&id=cefa854503&e=ea51593a63)
We will ask for a multi-scale approach leading to the following outputs:
* Analysis of the environmental, cultural, social and economic system at landscape scale 1:10 000
* Forecast of possible and desirable futures at scale 1:10 000, including visualisation of landscape system relationships
* Translation of your desirable future to the neighborhood scale: choose, conceptualise and design a 1 kilometre transect
* Specification at the individual human scale: choose a detailing area of 100 metres length: How are we going to live here?
These results will be presented on four A0 posters, landscape format.
Key competition dates:
- Official start of the registration: September 1, 2021
- Working period: October 1, 2021 – January 31, 2022
- Accompanying competition lecture series: October 13 – December 1, weekly on Wednesdays at 18 pm CET
* Registration deadline: January 15, 2022
* Submission deadline: January 31, 2022, at midnight CET
* Jury selection period: February 2022
* Award Ceremony in Rimini, Italy, in April 2022