Online School Recognition Panel - Recognition of Landscape Architecture Programmes by IFLA Europe now possible via IFLA Europe website!
The aims of IFLA Europe EDUCATION COMMITTEE are:
- to encourage the development of Landscape Architecture courses across Europe and review their compatibility with the aims of IFLA Europe
- to promote common IFLA Europe/IFLA education guidelines to National Associations and European Universities/Schools teaching Landscape Architecture programmes
- ensure solid Landscape Architecture education across Europe for effective professional practice
- review and recognise higher Landscape Architecture educational programmes on behalf of IFLA Europe.
Recognition of Landscape Architecture programmes is a process in which the IFLA Europe School Recognition Panel, led by the IFLA Europe Vice President for Education, together with 11 members, Delegates and members of National Associations teaching and practicing Landscape Architecture, as well as members of ECLAS - European Council of Landscape Architecture Schools, review higher Landscape Architecture programmes Bachelor and Master’s degree.
In this process School Recognition Panel (SRP) verifies the teaching structure and the substance, completeness and effectiveness of the concerned Landscape Architecture programme.
IFLA Europe School Recognition Panel reviews applications for recognition of Landscape Architecture programmes according to the criteria laid out in the following documents:
- IFLA Charter for Landscape Architecture education 2017 with IFLA Europe Addenda
- IFLA Guidance Document for Recognition and Accreditation 2018 with IFLA Europe Addenda
- IFLA Europe/ECLAS Minimum Requirements 2011/2012.
The School Recognition Panel provides a detailed assessment of Landscape Architecture programmes’ content and curriculum, academic ethos, leadership, qualifications and number of teaching staff.
In order to facilitate the process, IFLA Europe launched SRP website where the Schools and Universities of Landscape Architecture will be able to apply online.
SRP Website https://iflaeurope.eu/index.php/school-recognition-program