The 12th Rosa Barba Casanovas International Landscape Architecture Prize reveals its 11 finalist landscape architecture projects
The 12th Rosa Barba Casanovas International Landscape Architecture Prize reveals its 11finalist landscape architecture projects
The winning project will be announced within the framework of the 12th Barcelona International Landscape Architecture Biennial on November 24-28.
The international jury of the Rosa Barba Casanovas International Landscape Architecture Prize has made public the eleven finalist projects and 225 selected from this year’s edition of this prestigious contest that highlights the most recent initiatives in landscape architecture from around the world in the last five years (2017-2022).
The eleven finalist projects are:
· HOPE DELFT CAPE TOWN , in Cape Town , South Africa , from Tarna Klitzner scenery architect
· BENJAKITTI FOREST PARK , in Bangkok, Thailand, by Kongjian Yu -Turenscape _
· FIRST (F)LIGHT , in Auckland, New Zealand, by Surfacedesign , Inc.
· MIAOJING RIVER in Kunshan, China , by Fred Liao –platstudio
· SUMMER ISLAND in Heilbronn,Germany, from LOMA.ARCH.LAND.URBAN
· PHASE SHIFTS PARK (CENTRAL PARK) , Taichung, Taiwan , by Catherine Mosbach , PHILIPPE RAHM , RICKY LIU & ASSOCIATES ARCHITECTS+PLANNERS
· PARK IN THE PRADO NEIGHBORHOOD, in Medellín, Colombia by Edgar Mazo
· WEST MIDLANDS NATIONAL PARK in Birmingham, UK, fromKathryn Moore
· TANGSHAN QUARRY PARK , inNanjing, China , from Z+T Studio
· PARCO MARCONIO – ROME , in Rome, Italy, by María Cristina Tullio , Elisa Monteduro , Mattia Proietti Tocca , Matteo Polci
· ALUMNI PARK , in Randwick , Australia, by Eladio Hernando - spackmanmossopmichaels.com
The authors of the eleven finalist projects will present their projects within the framework of the Symposium of the 12th International Landscape Architecture Biennial, in a session scheduled for November 27, 2023. A grand prize of 15,000 euros will be awarded to the winning project.
In addition, the International Jury has selected 225 projects, which will be published in the 2023 Biennial Catalog, will be shown in the Rosa Barba Prize exhibition, and will be included on the Biennial website under the Paisateca.
The XII International Landscape Biennial of Barcelona is organized by the College of Architects of Catalonia and the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, and has the institutional support of the Barcelona Metropolitan Area, Barcelona City Council, and the collaboration of the Banc Sabadell Foundation Bank for the Rosa Barba Pirze and the School Internacional Prize.
For more information: https://landscape.coac.net
Images available at the link: https://landscape.coac.net/es/finalistes-premi-rosa-barba-2023