Two We Value Nature Dialogues: Making valuing nature the new normal in business - Assessing the state of play and What more needs to be done!
We Value Nature Dialogue I: Making valuing nature the new normal in business - Assessing the state of play
Tuesday, 7 December 2021 - 10:00 to 12:00 (Europe/Brussels)
This is the first in a series of two virtual Dialogues designed to bring together the valuing nature community. As the We Value Nature campaign draws to a close, we will be reflecting on recent progress towards our goal of valuing nature becoming the new normal for business. This includes recent regulatory developments, business commitments, natural capital accounting standards and decisions at COP26.
During the first Dialogue we will:
• Share recent developments in the natural capital and nature-based solution landscapes and assess the implications for making valuing nature the new normal for business.
• Provide an overview of useful resources on natural capital and nature-based solutions developed by We Value Nature and others, where they can be found and how they can be used and adapted to help increase business uptake of these approaches in your own context.
• Exchange experiences and tips from champions who have been leveraging these resources to achieve business uptake of natural capital and/or nature-based solutions.
The second We Value Nature Dialogue will take place on 20 January. This will build on the discussions from the first dialogue with a focus on future opportunities and action.
We Value Nature Dialogue II: Making valuing nature the new normal in business – What more needs to be done?
Thursday, 20 January 2022 - 10:00 to 12:00 (Europe/Brussels)
We will be looking towards the future and considering what future work and action is required to make valuing nature the new normal for business.
During the second Dialogue we will:
• Hear the We Value Nature team’s views on what more needs to be done.
• Hear opinion from the European Commission on what more needs to be done, and about relevant upcoming initiatives under Horizon Europe and other financial instruments.
• Share with the European Commission your opinions on what more needs to be done, and receive live feedback from the European Commission.
We Value Nature would encourage you to take part in both We Value Nature Dialogues as the second will build on discussions we have at the first.