On 20 November 2020, the SoGreen movement, a global stakeholder group that unites green industries was officially presented at the virtual World Urban Parks Congress, Tirana (Albania). The platform currently gathers European Landscape Contractors Association (ELCA), European Nursery stock Association (ENA), European Interior Landscaping Organisation (EILO), European Federation of Green Roof and Living Wall Associations (EFB), International Organisation for natural bathing waters (IOB), World Urban Parks (WUP) and IFLA EUROPE.
SoGreen was established as a response to:
- challenges of economic and social development, as well as sustainable management and protection of natural resources and their importance for the achievement of the objectives of human well-being and social equity;
- the seriousness of the issues related to climate change, the greatest challenge the planet is facing today and yet one that also represents unique opportunity for the emergence of a sustainable prosperity through international cooperation on climate;
- the need for the establishment of policies and measures that are agreed both at national and international level to achieve those sustainable development goals.
This project concept sets out the respective commitments of the parties within this partnership and brings all green organisations - stakeholders together worldwide:
- production: regional and maintenance-friendly supply in various regions
- prescription and planning: knowledge of the right application at the right place
- execution: craftsmanship for a sustainable result
- specific competencies: facades, roofs, indoor, trees, water..
- public green: knowledge and expansion of the local heritage.
SoGreen activities foreseen:
- Join forces, solutions, competences and knowledge to provide expert network and platform;
- EU Green Week: participate actively in the events and organise Conferences that provide solutions for EU Green Deal
- Support existing exchange programmes
- Share and support initiatives in cooperation between partner associations
- Prepare and present joint statements to stakeholders and decision makers
- Participation in different networks within European institutions